THE PSYCHIC CORNER
Finding Your Inner Peace
Finding your inner peace can be as difficult as finding a black cat at midnight. For some, the journey to the inner sanctum of calmness can take many paths and take years to achieve. For others, it is as simple as sitting in a room, alone and hearing nothing but your own heart beating.
"Or, the light within which is free from all suffering and sorrow" Patanjali's Yoga Sutras 1.36
The Yoga Gurus have the right idea and the right advice. Finding your inner peace is the equivalent to allowing yourself to be free from the pain and anguish of your past. Being able to stand in the mirror and not see the past sorrows but see the future path lain forth.
Quick tips to help you find your inner peace.
- Crystal therapy. Using quartz, hematite, obsidian, amber and jade during the ritual will help find and maintain a calm spirit.
- Candle therapy. White candles placed in a circle around you will keep you safe on your journey.
- Ambient music. Mother earth and the Goddess have provided some of the most beautiful sounds ever heard. Most bookstores, yoga studios, Pagan shops carry ambient music compilations. Playing these in the background aid in meditation and clarity of vision.
- Poppet. A simple poppet of corn husk represents your spirit. Wrap it in white ribbon to keep purity of mind.
- Relax. The hardest yet easiest thing in the universe to accomplish. When the body is in a state of relaxation, the mind soon can follow.
Your inner peace comes from having peace of mind and peace of spirit and peace of body. When all are united into one, anything is possible.