Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

I AM A SOLDIER.....excerpt from 'Written in Blood'

I  AM A SOLDIER



Long hours with little pay
Respected by my peers hated by others
Passport full of distant land stamps
Letters from home close to my heart



Voices and nightmares converge into one
Politicians deciding where I lay my head
Fed clothed and sheltered
Home is but a sheltered dream



A Brotherhood in Arms 
Sacrificing my life to save yours
I protect your home and your land
You call me a murderer to my face



I gave my blood sweat and tears
Never asking for anything in return
Freedom given with a cost
I’m a soldier and this is my life


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Feel free to drop me a note to say how you liked my work. Please remember that foul language is not appropriate.