DAILY TIP DEC 19 2011
Switching from shopping for gifts to setting up for Christmas!
Christmas dinner is the focal point of the family gathering surrounding this holiday. Having a table that is fit for a King can be intimidating, here are the first few tips to get you started.
- To make a bow out of linen napkins, roll them diagonally, then slip one end through a napkin ring, then take the other end and loop it through the ring and gently pull until you have your bow.
- Use recipe cards for place settings. Write a name on the card. Along with the menu and any special ingredients or activities for the day.
- Mix and match your dishes. Dollar stores are excellent for picking up different colors and festive patterns. Value Village, can be a great resource as well.
- Candles make everything special. Red, green, white, gold and silver candles are perfect choices. Keep the candles for the grown-up tables and use battery powered candles on the kids'.
- Centerpieces can be made easily by a couple small branches of Evergreen. Lay the branches to make a circle, place fresh cut pomegranates at each end. place a silver or gold metal tray in the center of the circle. Place candles on the tray (melt a little wax from the candle to keep the candle in place)
More to come so stay tuned!